Most Common Reasons for Motorcycle Crashes & Injuries
Motorcycle crashes are deadly, dangerous, and far too common. As a rider,
you may be able to avoid being in a deadly collision by understanding
how most motorcycle accidents occur.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Lane splitting by riders
- Riders being hit by motorists opening car doors
- Other motorists merging, turning, or changing lanes without looking
- Roadway hazards such as potholes, abandoned construction equipment, poorly-marked
construction or terrain changes, etc.
- Excessive speeding
- Failure by riders and other motorists to leave sufficient room between vehicles
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
As a motorist, there are a few things you can do to
avoid motorcycle accidents, including:
- Ensure you leave enough space between yourself and other motorists.
- Exercise extreme caution when lane splitting.
- Pay close attention to signs indicating construction work, roadway changes, etc.
- Recognize the signs of drunk and distracted driving, and steer clear of
drivers who exhibit such signs.
- Avoid engaging aggressive drivers.
- Avoid lingering in another driver’s blind spot.
- Never assume the other driver sees you, and always proceed with extreme
caution when making turns, riding through intersections, and changing lanes.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Serving Injured Riders in Wichita
At Hutton & Hutton Law Firm, LLC, we care about helping people like
you get justice after being hurt because someone else behaved recklessly
or irresponsibly. We are here to make sure you don’t have to pay
the price for someone else’s poor decisions, and we may be able
to help you recover compensation for medical costs, wages lost, and other
financial damages associated with your injuries. Connect with one of our
Wichita motorcycle accident attorneys right away in order to schedule your
free case evaluation.
Call (316) 313-4730 today to speak to a member of our team.