Understanding Federal Trucking Regulations
Did a Violation Lead to Your Truck Accident?
The public safety on our nation’s highways and roads is in everyone’s best interest to maintain and upkeep. To this end, numerous federal trucking regulations have been established to curb unsafe behaviors of truckers and their parent companies.
At Hutton & Hutton Law Firm, LLC, our Wichita truck accident attorneys are entirely aware of how much danger a violation of these rules creates for innocent motorists. If you have been injured by a commercial truck, request a free consultation with our team and we can try to determine if a violation was the cause.
Wondering why you should work with us? We believe the answers are clear:
- Our firm was established in 1979
- Our case results have rewarded more than $400 million to clients
- We work for contingency fees – no recovery, no charges
- We have Super Lawyers® on our side
We were very well taken care of.Larry M.
Regulations Frequently Violated by Truckers
The number of regulations created by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) run the gamut. Without a careful attention to detail and a full understanding of the law, it could be possible to overlook violations caused by trucking companies. We are always vigilant and observant, catching and pinpointing wrongful acts that could be involved in your truck accident.
Some regulations that may be violated due to negligence include:
- Hours of operation: Truckers are usually limited to no more than 16 hours behind the wheel each day. “Emergency conditions” may allow them to ignore this rule, but this is opens the door for unlawful exploitation.
- Cargo weight: Commercial trucks are typically not permitted to be more than 80,000 pounds in total weight. Companies may overload trailers to try to get more freight out in less shipments.
- Speed: Signs posted all over highways tell truck drivers to stay below the usual highway speed limits, and yet there are frequent reports of speeding big rigs attempting to make a delivery on time.
- Weather conditions: If the weather is harsh or inclement, trucks may be required to slow their speed considerably or pull off the road entirely.
- Poor truck maintenance: Trucks require require routine maintenance to ensure that operating the vehicle is safe for the driver and others on the road.
Contact us online or call us at (316) 688-1166 today and let us show you all we can do for you.
Our Winning Strategy
- We Charge You Nothing Until You Win
- We Represent Clients with Integrity & Zeal
- We Have Obtained Over $400 Million for Clients
- We Are Recognized As Super Lawyers®
Call Our Wichita Truck Accident Lawyers Today
When a truck driver or their parent company ignores an established federal trucking regulation, whether the act was intentional or not, they need to be held accountable for any damages or injuries that may result. We believe that the best way to set things right again is to get you the compensation you deserve, even if we need to go to court and use litigation tactics. Your priorities are our own here at Hutton & Hutton Law Firm, LLC.
Dedicated to Fair and Full Compensation
We have seen firsthand how many victims struggle financially just after an accident. You may think there is no way you can afford a lawyer at this time. But this is not true. At our firm, you don't pay us until we win. We know how hard it is for you already, which is why we don't want to add any additional financial stresses.
Reach us at (316) 688-1166 or online to learn more in a free consultation.