Wichita Car Accident Attorney
Helping Victims of Auto Accidents in Kansas & Beyond
Were you or a loved one injured in a car crash? While no amount of money is going to undo what you’ve suffered, the reality is that you could be faced with towering medical bills, income losses, and more.
At Hutton & Hutton Law Firm, LLC, our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to achieving justice for you. Our award-winning Wichita car accident lawyers are prepared to hold the responsible parties accountable and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
Time is often of the essence after a car accident. You can be sure that the negligent and liable parties will be quick to try to defend themselves and possibly shirk their responsibilities. Therefore, if you want to increase your chances of securing the payments you need and deserve, you should react quickly.
Get a FREE legal consultation when you call our firm at (316) 688-1166 or click below to contact us online.
We were very well taken care of.Larry M.
Types of Car Accident Claims in Kansas
Car accidents can result from a seemingly endless number of circumstances and cause an equally vast number of effects. From simple fender benders to large-scale collisions involving multiple vehicles, drivers often turn to their insurance provider for financial support during their time of need.
Unfortunately, insurance companies are still businesses at heart and may try to pay claimants far less than they deserve in order to protect their bottom line. At Hutton & Hutton Law Firm, LLC, we know how insurance companies work and can help you pursue a settlement that fully and fairly compensates for your losses. We have secured numerous settlements and verdicts for injured people just like you.
We handle all types of car accident cases, including those involving:
- Auto product liability
- Distracted driving
- DUI with injury
- Highway accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Multiple-car pileups
- Rear-end collisions
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists
Our Wichita car accident firm has lawyers who are licensed to represent clients in federal courts as well as courts in the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Wichita
Car crashes can happen very unexpectedly. Even the most vigilant and careful driver can end up in an accident. While you cannot control the behavior of other drivers, you can still do your part to drive safely and responsibly for the good of all who share the road.
Car accidents are frequently caused by:
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Dangerous weather
- Reckless driving
- Animals crossing the road
- Inexperienced drivers
- Road work
We do not charge a fee unless we win your case. Contact our firm to learn how we can help.
Seeking Compensation From Liable Parties After an Auto Accident
After you have been severely injured in a car accident, it might seem like everything is turning for the worse. Understandably, many people start to lose hope that they will be able to recover comfortably and fully from their injuries.
Financial limitations affect us all, and replacing or repairing a vehicle in an accident that did not cause you physical injury can be impossible.
Tell our car accident attorneys what happened to you and we can start determining what compensation you deserve, including coverage for:
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Initial hospital bills
- Ongoing or permanent rehabilitation costs
- Wages lost
- Reduced earning potential
- Emotional trauma (wrongful death of a loved one)
At Hutton & Hutton Law Firm, LLC, we make it our primary goal to work towards a resolution that addresses all of your needs after being hurt in a car accident. We want to give you hope for the future, and by pursuing fair compensation on your behalf, we believe we can do just that.
Kansas Liability Laws After a Car Accident
Kansas is one of the few states that follow a “no-fault” system after a car accident. This means that after a car accident regardless of who the negligent party was, your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance will compensate you for certain financial losses associated with suffering your injuries. There are certain situations that will allow you to step outside of the no-fault insurance system and file a personal injury claim. These requirements, according to Kansas law, state that your medical expenses must exceed your PIP coverage and your injuries must qualify as “serious.”
According to Kansas law, a serious injury can be:
- Permanent injury or disfigurement
- Bone fracture
- Permanent loss of a specific body function
Kansas car accident law can be complex. Our team of experienced attorneys are here to walk you through the entire claims process. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.
Car Accident FAQ
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, it might be a good idea to talk to an attorney. Even though you don't have to talk to one, they can help you understand your rights and get the compensation you need for things like medical bills and lost income. They can also help relieve the pressure and stress you may be feeling while you try to recover from your North Carolina auto accident.
What Can a Durham Car Accident Lawyer Do to Help My Case?
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, it is important to understand your rights and seek legal help from an experienced car accident attorney. A knowledgeable and compassionate car accident lawyer can provide invaluable assistance throughout the claims process, helping victims recover compensation for medical bills, lost income, vehicle repairs or replacement costs, pain and suffering damages, and more. They are also able to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions by filing personal injury lawsuits when appropriate. With the right representation on your side, you can rest assured that your case will be taken seriously and that all of your needs will be addressed as quickly as possible. Here are a few more services North Carolina auto accident attorneys can provide:
- Evaluate and analyze auto accident cases to determine the most effective course of action
- Determine who is responsible for causing the accident and how much compensation should be sought from them
- Submit claims to insurance companies in an effort to get full and fair compensation for victims
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters or defense attorneys on behalf of injured persons
- Handle all paperwork associated with car crash claims, such as medical bills, witness statements, police reports, etc.
- Gather evidence pertaining to the case that can help prove liability, including photos of the scene, injuries sustained, or damage from the car crash
- Interview witnesses who were at the accident site when it happened
- Take a case all the way through trial if necessary by preparing comprehensive legal arguments
- Ensure that clients understand all their rights so they are not taken advantage of by insurance companies
What are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
When someone behaves negligently behind the wheel, they unfairly put everyone else on the road in serious danger. Even a small automobile, such as a coupe or sedan, can cause devastating personal injuries.
The consequences of auto collisions often last a lifetime, causing debilitating complications and hardships including:
- Broken bones
- Brain damage
- Wrongful death
Can I File A Car Accident Claim After Insurance Pays?
Since most insurance companies state that the compensation amount outlined in a settlement will be the only compensation paid out, once you agree to a settlement it can be very difficult to recover any further compensation. As such it’s important to speak to an auto accident attorney about your case, as soon as possible, before you agree to anything with an insurance company. If you have already agreed to something, call our firm today to learn what options you have and how we can help you.
What Should You Do After A Car Accident?
- The first step after a car accident is to remain calm and focus on staying in control of your situation. Amidst the shock of being involved in an auto collision, it is imperative to remember this step.
- Stop, check for injuries and call for an ambulance if anyone appears to be hurt. After you have summoned medical attention, call the police.
- An officer will be able to help you move your vehicle to a safe location and create a report of the incident. Once the police have gotten the accident scene under control, calmly exchange information.
What Should You NOT Do After A Car Accident?
Being involved in a car accident can be shocking and overwhelming. This may lead you to forget necessary steps to protect yourself and the loved ones in your car.
Do NOT do the following after getting into a car accident:
- DO NOT flee the scene
- DO NOT hesitate to call 911 if someone is injured
- DO NOT fail to maintain your calm and collected attitude
- DO NOT forget to document the accident (including taking photos and taking pictures of the other driver’s license)
- DO NOT admit fault
- DO NOT speak to the other drivers’ insurance without your attorney present
- DO NOT file a lawsuit alone
- DO NOT fail to hire a lawyer
It is imperative you do not discuss the circumstances of your crash with anyone except the police and an experienced Wichita car accident lawyer from our firm. Even simple statements such as “I’m sorry,” “I didn’t see you,” or “I’m alright” can affect your claim and possibly cause you to be held liable for the crash. Simply stay silent, get the necessary information, and promptly call our firm.
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident, call us at (316) 688-1166 or request your free consultation online to get started! Our Wichita car accident lawyers can help you recover the damages you are rightfully owed.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- You don’t pay us unless we win
- $400+ million won for clients
- Best Law Firms - U.S. News & World Report
- Proudly representing clients in multiple states*
At Hutton & Hutton, we tailor our legal strategy to each individual client. We will listen to your specific needs, and we will entrust you with key decisions, such as whether or not to move onto a trial.
Our client-focused approach means that we will pursue the results that are best for your specific accident claim. Please don’t hesitate to discover what your legal options are today. Our Wichita car accident lawyers are ready to discuss your case with you.