What to Do When Plastic Surgery Goes Wrong
Though cosmetic surgery tends to be less risky and life-threatening than
other kinds of surgery, it can still lead to serious complications and
injuries if the overseeing physician behaves irresponsibly. You cannot
bring a lawsuit against your physician just because you are unhappy with
the results of a cosmetic procedure, but you may be able to seek damages
if your physician was careless and harmed you as a result.
Legitimate examples of medical malpractice and negligence in cosmetic surgery include:
- Impersonating a plastic surgeon
- Having another medical staff member who is not a plastic surgeon perform
a cosmetic surgical procedure
- Providing cosmetic surgery or similar procedures without the necessary
medical equipment to address complications that may arise
- Exposing patients to known allergens
- Neglecting to compile all the necessary information about a patient including
medical conditions, allergies, etc.
- Overreaching and doing more than that to which a patient has knowingly consented
- Performing plastic surgery on the wrong body part
How to Know if You Have a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit for Plastic Surgery
In order to have a viable medical malpractice case against a plastic surgeon,
the following must be true:
- You had a legitimate doctor-patient relationship with them.
- Your plastic surgeon negligently violated normal standards of acceptable
medical care at some point during the process.
- You were directly harmed as a result of this violation.
- The procedure or instance of medical malpractice occurred less than 2 years ago.
Tough Medical Malpractice Attorneys Serving Wichita Since 1979
Our legal team at
Hutton & Hutton Law Firm, LLC has recovered more than $400 million for clients who were injured at the
hands of doctors and medical staff. Our
medical malpractice lawyers in Wichita have an in-depth knowledge of medical injuries and malpractice laws, and
we are not afraid of challenging or complicated cases. If your cosmetic
surgeon behaved negligently and you have been harmed as a result, get
in touch with our team today to ensure you are protected and given the
opportunity to recover all possible damages.
Call (316) 313-4730 today to schedule your complimentary consultation, or
contact us to tell us about your case and get started immediately.